Juniper Canyon couple treated for injuries after bedroom fire attributed to cigarette smoking

0

PRINEVILLE, Ore. (KTVZ) – A couple were rushed to hospital for treatment after a fire in the bedroom of their Juniper Canyon home on Thursday night, which authorities attributed to the husband smoking in the bedroom, taking the mattress in fire.

A smoke detector alerted the resident of the blaze at around 6:30 p.m. at a manufactured home on southeast David Way in Juniper Canyon, southeast of Prineville, the fire and rescue division chief said. Crook County, Russ Deboodt.

Teams arrived to find the fire in the master bedroom and quickly overpowered it. At first, the two residents were said to have been out of the house, but the man had returned to try and put out the fire, which Deboodt said started in the mattress. He was helped out of the house by the firefighters.

Residents were assessed at the scene and taken to St. Charles Prineville, one for smoke inhalation and the other for burns suffered while trying to put out the blaze, Deboodt said. The house was still habitable and the couple were able to return home after being treated in hospital, he added.

Redmond Fire & Rescue provided a mutual aid medic for station coverage. The Crook County Sheriff’s Office and Oregon State Police also provided assistance at the scene.


Source link

Share.

Comments are closed.